Friday, January 8, 2010

Time Flies!

Well I thought that it was time that I updated our blog. I think I could have a full time job between uploading pictures on our Shutterfly family page (http://ackleyaccolades.shutterfly.com/) and my facebook page. It's too bad that I can't seem to find something that incorporates all of what I need in a one stop-one package. I keep saying it, but I just can't get over how quickly time passes. I've intended to keep this blog more up to date and I'm looking up and an entire semester has passed without a single update. I'll try to recap a little.

Football season seemed to occupy quite a bit of our time from August through November. Mallory was busy with after school practice each day followed by a pretty heavy load of homework. She's taking a couple of dual credit classes and pre-AP in everything else. Since this wasn't a year that they could compete in the state marching contest, Saturdays weren't as busy with marching competitions. Instead we used the time to catch up from the busy week. Despite the busy schedule and late nights, she managed to do very well with her grades. She is very conscientious about her grades and tries to get as much homework done when she has a few free minutes. We're very proud of her!

Lonny has been as busy as usual working lots of hours. He works very hard and never complains. Even when we have a late Friday night, he still gets up at 4:15 and goes to work. He's a wonderful dad and husband!

I've tried to just enjoy coming home after school and being a mom and a wife. It's been a little strange to feel not so needed. With Mallory having her license, she hasn't had to depend on me to take her to school or pick her up. That's been a nice luxury in many ways, but I find myself missing the moments that we had in the car to talk about our day. As I sit here tonight, she's at a friend's house watching movies. I can't help but think how quickly she'll be away at college. I guess the teenage years are God's way of preparing us for them to leave the nest. We have little snippets of time when they are away. I think it's going to be more difficult to adjust to than I expect.

Ok, before I get teary-eyed.......All in all, it's been a great first semester. In November, we went to Beaver's Bend with Shelly and her family and Lonny's sister, Gayle and her family. We had such a great time and were not ready to come home. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I think it was what we all need to re-energize ourselves as we prepared for the holiday season. Thanksgiving and Christmas meant more time with our families. We enjoyed both holidays and as usual, ate until we were absolutely miserable. I have pictures posted on our Shutterfly page if you want to look at them. I'll try to be a little better about updating from here out.

No comments:

Post a Comment